• Veterans Educational Benefits

    The Military and Veterans Services Center provides assistance to veterans and their family members who are eligible for veterans educational benefits under any of the Montgomery GI Bill programs, the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program, as well as the Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP). We can provide you with information, help you apply for your benefits, connect you with local and national resources, and serve as a liaison between you and the VA Regional Processing Office, located in Buffalo NY.

    Determining your VA Educational Chapter

    Veterans that need to complete all necessary paperwork with the Military and Veterans Services Coordinator for payment of the Montgomery GI Bill Educational Assistance Benefits (MGIB) will need to know what chapter they are for enrollment purposes.

    Chapter 30: This program is for Active Duty Military.
    (Basic Training is not classified as active duty)

    Chapter 31: This program is for disabled veterans. Veterans need at least 10% Veterans Affairs disability or more to apply.  The Department of Veterans Affairs must approve entrance into this program.

    Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill)  : This program is for Active Duty veterans, or Reserve and National Guard members who have been active for more than 90 days since 9/11/01.

    Chapter 35: This program is for spouses and children of 100% service-connected disabled Veterans or spouses and children of Veterans who died in service or of a service-connected disability.

    Chapter 1606: This program is for Reservist or National Guard Members

    Chapter 1607 (REAP): Meet the Chapter 1606 basic eligibility and were called to or ordered to active duty in response to a war or national emergency as declared by the President or Congress.

    VRAP: This program is for unemployed individuals between 35 and 60 that are not eligible for any other MGIB programs.

    Educational Assistance Program (EAP):  This program provides tuition assistance for students who enter into a service commitment with the Pennsylvania National Guard. (All questions about this program should be directed to the service members education officer.)

     Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA):  This program provides financial assistance to part-time Army Reserve and or National Guard soldiers in support of their professional and personal goal. (All questions about this program should be directed to the service members education officer.)